Tomato and Aubergine Tart
Tomato 200 gr
Eggplant 100 gr
Lollo Rosso 10 gr
Lollo Blanco 10 gr
Olive black 10 gr
Akawi Tchike 20 gr
Zaatar 5 gr
Puff pastry 50 gr
Balsamic dressing 5 cl
Oil olive 5 cl
- Choose rather long than wide eggplant. Cut slices ½ cm thick.
- Slice the tomato ½ cm thick.
- Heat up the olive oil and pan-fry the eggplant until soft. Season.
- Grate the akawi.
- Wash the lettuces..
- Pit the olives and cut in quarters.
- Chop the zaatar leaves.
- Roll up the puff pastry and cut a disc 15 cm wide. Cook in the oven at 220*C until golden.
- Place into circle the tomato and eggplant slices on the puff pastry.
- Heat up in the oven.
- Spread the akawi on top and sprinkle with zaatar.
- Melt the cheese under the salamander.
- Mix in a bowl the lettuces. Toss with the balsamic dressing.
- Place the tart in the serving plate. Place in the middle a bouquet of lettuces. Sprinkle with olives.