Courgette and Gruyere Soufflé
Flour plain 100 gr
Butter 100 gr
Milk 350 gr
Egg yolk 6 pieces
Egg white 10 pieces
Courgette 800 gr
Gruyere 100 gr
Butter 50 gr
Breadcrumb 150 gr
- Grate the courgette using a robot (small brunoise).
- Grate the gruyere.
- Butter the ramekins twice (set in the fridge after 1st time) and breadcrumb.
- Place the courgette in a sauce-pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes to evaporate the water. Chill down.
- Make a béchamel with the butter, the flour and the milk. The consistency will be very thick.
- Incorporate to the béchamel the gruyere and the cooked courgette.
- Beat hard the egg white and incorporate them gently to the béchamel (do this operation at the last minute).
- Fill-in the ramequins, 4/5 of the height.
- Cook in bain-marie at 150*C for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool down for 2 minutes before removing from the ramekins.