2 lbs of fatty beef cuts (roast cut/steak cuts)
5 cloves of garlic
½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ό cup of apple cider vinegar
Ό cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon caraway (ground fennel)
½ teaspoon cardamon
½ teaspoon of oregano or thyme
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon crushed peppercorn
Ό teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Ό teaspoon ground ginger
Tahini Sauce Ingredients
2 teaspoons of Tahini paste
1 cup of freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
3 gloves of garlic, crushed
a dash of Salt
½ cup of finely cut Italian parsley
- Mix the spices along with the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in a blender for a couple of minutes. Don't mix in the olive oil yet.
- Cut the beef into chunks of 4 inches long by no more than ? inch in thickness.
- In a bowl, rub the meat with the marinade, sprinkle a bit of olive oil then rub again, cover and let marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Lay the marinated shawarma chunks on a panini or George Foreman grill and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Once cooked, shred the meat on a cutting board and serve hot.
- Lay the shawarma chunks in a Pyrex tray with a bit of marinade, cover the trap tightly with aluminum foil, then gently bake at 270-300F for 2 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the meat on a cutting board and serve hot. This roasting method will make the meat very tender and juicy and will almost fall apart.
- In a small bowl, whisk the the Tahini paste, crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt until you turn the paste into a sauce.
- Place about 4-6 ounces (to taste) of shredded shawarma in a pita bread along the diameter, sprinkle some Tahini sauce, add freshly grilled tomatoes, french fries, a garnish of Italian parsley.
- Roll and enjoy.