Potatoes Sauted With Garlic and Cilantro - Batata ma3 Kizbra
A delicious Lebanese Appetizer Made With Potatoes and Cilantro.
• 4 large potatoes
• 1 bunch green cilantro (or ½ cup dried cilantro leaves)
• 5-8 large fresh garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 3 table spoons of olive oil
• A dash of salt
- Slice the potatoes into small cubes of about ¾ inch with a thickness of about ½ inch. Fry them in oil until they are golden/crispy (or alternatively bake them in the oven until they're crispy). Salt them lightly.
- Meanwhile rinse the cilantro leaves then discard the stems, and chop the leaves very finely. Lay the leaves on a paper towel for a few minutes to dry the water from them.
- In a deep frying pan, add the crushed garlic then saute it on medium heat in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil just for a couple of minutes. You want the garlic to stay a bit raw, not fully cooked, or otherwise if you overcook the garlic it looses its flavor.
- Add a tiny pinch of salt, then add the chopped cilantro and the lemon juice to the garlic and saute/mix them well for a minute or two.
- Finally add the fried potatoes to the pot, mix it well with the saute and cook it for 3-5 more minutes while stirring, and you're done.
- BONUS: If you love spicy food, finely chop a bit of green jalapeno or Serrano peppers and add them during the cilantro saute
- Serve hot or cold as an appetizer.